PLEASE NOTE:

1. All of my Google Docs are marked share with all.
You DO NOT need to request permission to view files.

2. If you are clicking on a link that directs you to the lds.org website and an error is occurring it means that the lds.org website has moved their files. I can only suggest trying to do a search on their site.

Our Family Follow-Up

4.24.2012

Our family sat down last week for Family Home Evening and had this lesson about Working Hard. We each took a turn saying how we felt about hard work.  

Ella: It's boring.  
Evangeline: It makes me tired.  
Daddy: Sometimes I don't like it very much.  
Mommy: I hate it. I would much rather do something fun.

 But we discussed why it's important. Why God wants us to work hard. How it can make us feel when we're finished. And how we can make it more fun as a family.

We finished by having the girls decorate chore charts and we talked about and agreed on simple chores for them to do each day.  Ella's chore chart is shown below. I only had 4 chores for her to start with, but she wanted to fill all six slots...who was I to argue?

It seemed to go well. I am hoping it will stick...for me as well as for them!  When it comes to housework, I am ultra-lazy with a dash of slothfulness. I hate hard work, but I believe it's important so I feel an additional push to lead by example.

1. I will make my bed.
2. Help set the table
3. I will tidy the shelf
4. Dirty clothes in the hamper
5. Put my pj's on my pillow (which should have been no.2)
6. Put my clothes on the hanger (outfit for the next day)

This week we re-printed the charts and I drew in pictures (since my 5 year old was not able to read the words). Here's what the updated charts look like...
Did YOU try the chore charts?  Is it working?

This Saturday we have our scheduled Service Project at our local county museum, cleaning up the grounds and gardening. I am so NOT excited for it, but I decided to put my money where my mouth is and be an example.

2 Way Righteous Comments:

Tessa Ann* said...

You are an amazing mom, Em. What a neat idea- I can't wait to do these things with Annalee when she's older

roxanne said...

You're awesome. I hate hard work, too. Alas, it must be done! Way to set the example.

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);