PLEASE NOTE:

1. All of my Google Docs are marked share with all.
You DO NOT need to request permission to view files.

2. If you are clicking on a link that directs you to the lds.org website and an error is occurring it means that the lds.org website has moved their files. I can only suggest trying to do a search on their site.

About the updated Gospel Art Picture Kit

1.02.2012

I had a wonderful email from Kim, a new reader, who asked about purchasing the Gospel Art Kit I use in my lessons. I went to find a direct link to buy on lds.org and found that they have discontinued the kit I have.

My copy had a blue hard box And loose pictures which were sectioned off by dividers.  My Kit cost around $30 when I first purchased it (probably 5 or 6 years back).  It looked like this.


There is a brand new Gospel Art BOOK.  It is spiral bound (which I think will be better in a lot of ways). It has similar photos, which are divided by topic, and a table of contents.  And the BEST part? Only $3.50 each.

Here's what it looks like.

I just bought two (one for use in my new calling as a Primary teacher and one for our Family Home Evenings).  I will now reference both picture numbers in all new lessons for 2012 as follows:

GAK: Gospel Art Kit (loose pictures in blue box)
GAB: Gospel Art Book (pictures bound in spiral book)

CLICK HERE to buy the New Gospel Art Book.

Thanks for writing Kim!

13 Way Righteous Comments:

Jenny said...

Oh thank you! I was always completely clueless with your gospel art kit numbers as I have the new book. I'm excited to finally be able to use my new ones.

Jewelle said...

I may have to get the book. We already have the kit, but the spiral bound part would be nice. Thanks for the update!

Emily Foley said...

I've had the book for a few years but the trouble I find is when I'm doing Sharing time or FHE and want to display more than one picture at the same time. I'm glad to have both but I honestly prefer the original kit, even with the extra cost.

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

I have both. The spiral book has fun new pictures, but the pages are back-to-back. This means they no longer have the great summary and scripture references on the back. That was a lifesaver for primary talks and quick fhe's. Glad I got one!

The Wille's said...

Anyone wanting to sell their old big kit please contact me!! I am in the same boat- I don't like the spiral bound version. Makes it really hard to utilize more than one picture!

Christina said...

Thank you! I was lost with the last page numbers ~ it all makes sense now!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!!

CrazyHomemadeMom said...

I don't have an old kit, but my ward gave the book as a Mother's Day gift a few years ago. I took the spiral binding off, and put each picture in sheet protectors, with a brief explanation of each story on a piece of paper taped to each photo. They are in a 3 ring binder. It works great!

Anonymous said...

I agree! I do not like the new book. The pictures r double sided so they do not have the great info on the back, and you cannot show 2 pictures at once. Plus the paper is flimsy. I think it is wonderful that they offering this more cost efficient version, but I wish you still had the OPTION of buying the old one. I found out about it right after they were discontinued and have been hoping they will bring them back. Every time I call, they just say, keep calling and if we get enough requests maybe the will.

Gladys said...

Thank you very much for you hard efforts to help others. I am in New Zealand. My church calling is 1st Councillor in Relief Society but last week all of our Primary teachers were away so I was asked by President to step in. Fun and learning was had by all but I realized I needed to keep up with the teaching so found your website and have down loaded some things. Thank you so much, Gladys.

Beth said...

Buy 2 kits, tear out the pages from one kit, trim the paper and laminate them.

Brooke said...

I am using this FHE tonight. Thank you so much for putting these up here!

Kimberly3 said...

Thank you so much for this FHE lesson. I feel like it was placed in my hands. It is perfect for a child dealing with anxiety and worry. You have a true gift that is changing lives.

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);