PLEASE NOTE:

1. All of my Google Docs are marked share with all.
You DO NOT need to request permission to view files.

2. If you are clicking on a link that directs you to the lds.org website and an error is occurring it means that the lds.org website has moved their files. I can only suggest trying to do a search on their site.

Daughters in My Kingdom - Book and Website

9.13.2011

Yesterday, in church,  I received a brand new book...Daughters In My Kingdom.  Did you receive it as well?


What is it?  Daughters in My Kingdom is an official publication from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints detailing the history of the Relief Society.  The teachings, stories, and examples in this history book will guide you in establishing priorities and practices in your life that will help increase faith and personal righteousness, strengthen families and homes, and seek out and help those in need.

The Website - You should visit the beautiful website that accompanies this new book.  It has great quotes, inspiration and (my favorite) stories from real Latter-day Saint women who have used the principles taught in Relief Society to help them weather life's storms.  Visit the website by clicking here.

Download a Copy - If you sis not receive a copy of this wonderful book yesterday you can download a pdf  copy on the website by clicking here. At the bottom of the page on the left hand side you'll see a graphic of the book and a tab beneath that says "Download".

“Understanding the heritage we have, that this organization is a restoration of something that existed anciently, helps us understand that we are not a footnote in history or a sidebar in the Lord’s work; we are an essential part of building the kingdom and we’ve been organized to do such.” - Julie B. Beck

I cannot wait to read this book. I know embarrassingly little about the history of Relief Society, but have always loved it.  I love the fellowship with my sisters in the gospel, I love the acts of service we perform and I love the gospel truths I learn each week in Relief Society.

Do YOU have a copy of Daughters in My Kingdom?  
Please share your thoughts!

3 Way Righteous Comments:

the hasties said...

I love this book I have been reading it every day from the moment I got it. I am so proud to be a daughter of God, I am so grateful to be in the Relief Society and to be able to help others in this lifetime.

the emily said...

I didn't--I wonder if they forgot to bring it to Primary?

Tawnya said...

I have loved this book too. I didn't know much about RS either, but I feel a greater testimony of the program since reading the book!

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);