PLEASE NOTE:

1. All of my Google Docs are marked share with all.
You DO NOT need to request permission to view files.

2. If you are clicking on a link that directs you to the lds.org website and an error is occurring it means that the lds.org website has moved their files. I can only suggest trying to do a search on their site.

2011 - Wk 25: Our Choices

6.18.2011

What You'll Need: scriptures, a bowl of small items of different colored candies with enough of each color so each child will have a choice of several colors, GAK 227: Jesus Praying in Gethsemane, printed CTR chart, printed activity and coloring tools.

You can CLICK HERE to download the pdf of this lesson for easy printing. If you download, please leave a comment here on what you like about this lesson.

Scripture: Doctrine & Covenants 37:4 - Behold, here is wisdom, and let every man choose for himself until I come. Even so. Amen.

Opening Song: Choose the Right Way (PCS #160)

Lesson:

Show the bowl of small items and let each child choose one. Tell the children that they have just made a choice. We must make many choices every day.

- What choices have you made today? (Answers might include choosing what to wear, choosing what to eat for breakfast, or choosing what to do with free time.)

Making choices is a very important part of life on earth. Some choices are easy and some choices are hard. Our right to choose was given to us when we lived in heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Before we came to earth, Heavenly Father called us to a meeting. At this meeting Heavenly Father presented a plan to help us become like him. We chose to follow the plan, so we each came to earth and received a physical body. If we choose to keep the commandments while we are on the earth, we will be able to live with Heavenly Father again.

(show GAK 227: Jesus Praying in Gethsemane)



Jesus Christ offered to come to earth to show us what we must do to live with Heavenly Father again. Lucifer wanted to come to earth and force everyone to keep the commandments. He did not want to give people any choices. But Jesus wanted to follow Heavenly Father’s plan. He wanted people to be able to choose how they would live.

Heavenly Father knew it would be best for us to choose for ourselves so we could learn to make right choices. Being able to choose for ourselves is called agency.

(CLICK HERE to download and print.  Show CTR chart)

- What do the letters CTR stand for?

When we choose the right we will always receive blessings, we can have the Holy Ghost with us and we feel happy.  When we make choices we know are wrong we feel bad and sometimes our bad choices lead to other bad things following.  Choosing the right is always the best way to be happy, safe and confident.

Read the poem "A Day to Choose the Right" by Cheryl Slinker

I wake up early to start my day with so many things to do.
I put on my clothes and brush my hair, like my mommy asked me to.
I help my daddy with outside chores as I rake leaves in the yard.
I play with my sister all afternoon, even though sharing is sometimes hard.

As nighttime comes, it’s time for bed. Daddy reads stories I enjoy.
Mommy gently kisses the top of my head and tells me I’ve been a good boy.
I peek out my window to see the moon and whisper a quiet good night.
As I say a prayer, I’m thankful this day I remembered to choose the right.

Bear your testimony about how grateful you are that Heavenly Father has given us agency. Express your confidence in the children’s ability to make right choices.

(For tips on sharing your testimony please click here.)

Practice Song: If you are teaching your family the JUNE Song of the Month, go over the words and music with your family.

Activity: Choices Coloring Page
CLICK HERE to download and print.


15 Way Righteous Comments:

The Matthews Family said...

Thanks for the lesson! We did the Feelings lesson last week and my kids (3 and 2) loved the faces! They have played with them all week!

~L said...

Thank you SO much for these lessons. We have been using them for months and having something ready to go has helped our family do FHE consistently for quite a while now. I don't know what I would do without them!

brittany said...

thanks so much for the lesson!! love the coloring page.

Shauna said...

What a great blog!Thank you for saving me when I needed an idea for FHE tonight!

Shauna said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful lesson! I wasn't quite sure what the lesson was going to be on tonight and you sure helped me a lot! What a great blog! Thanks!

The Matthews Family said...

We did the lesson on choices last night. We substituted an assortment of doughnuts for the candy. My kids thought it was the best FHE ever! Ha ha. I also really liked the choices worksheet. I was surprised when the kids (3, 2) actually knew which choice was right! That just tells me I need to hold them a little more accountable for their bad choices because they DO (even at such a young age) know how to choose the right! Thanks again!

: ) Paula said...

Printed the choices coloring page. Had to laught at the kid with big bald patches all over. For our family this is definitely a lesson within a lesson. My 4 y/o is ever so slightly psycho-scissor-happy!!!

Jaime said...

LOVE your site. I actually look forward to FHE now! Thank you for your time and effort!

My LilliBean said...

Love it you're amazing! I've featured your site on my blog a few times, check it out @http://mylillibean.blogspot.com/2011/06/family-home-evening-reverence-is-love.html

Heather said...

I am glad you posted this lesson. I think our family will love it--topic is perfect for my kids right now :)

The Cluff's said...

Thank you for this great lesson!

Suzanne said...

This one makes me cry. The topic is really relevant to my oldest son right now. I'm looking forward to doing this lesson to see what the Spirit teaches us.
Thank you again for sharing your gift.

Kerstin@TheRealHousewivesofIdaho.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for this! We are using part of it for my daughter's primary talk today (that I didn't know she had)!

leanne said...

thank you, thank you! you save me weekly. i appreciate all you do!!

Britney said...

Thank you for making it so easy to do FHE!

Post a Comment

window.setTimeout(function() { document.body.className = document.body.className.replace('loading', ''); }, 10);