What You'll Need: scriptures, copies of the activity coloring book, crayons, scissors and a stapler.
You can also choose to download the pdf of this lesson for easy printing. If you download, please leave a comment here on what you like about this lesson.
Scripture: D&C 59:7 - Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things.
Opening Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me (PCS #228 )
Before we were born we lived with our Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, gave us the opportunity to come to earth to grow and learn so that we could become like Them.
Under the direction of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ created a wonderful world where we could live. The creation took six days.
- On the first day, Jesus divided the light from the darkness to make day and night.
- On the second day, He organized the heaven and the earth.
- On the third day, He divided the land from the waters and created grass, flowers, trees, fruit, and herbs.
- On the fourth day, He created the sun, moon, and stars.
- On the fifth day, He created the fish and birds.
- On the sixth day, Jesus created the animals. Then, most important of all, Heavenly Father created man “in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them”. Adam and Eve were the first man and woman to live on the earth and care for it.
The beautiful world we live in is a gift from our loving Heavenly Father. We can thank Him in our prayers for its many blessings. We can also show our thankfulness by caring for the plants and animals on the earth. Our bodies are also a gift from Heavenly Father. We should especially take care of our bodies and always remember to show gratitude and reverence for their creation.
Bear your testimony about what you love about our beautiful world. remind children that when we see the beauty around us, we can remember how much God loves us.
(For tips on sharing your testimony please click here.)
Practice Song: If you are teaching your family the April Song of the Month, go over the words and music with your family.
Activity: Creation Coloring Book
(pictures compiled by Emilie Ahern, poem by by Lisa Phipps)
Print both pages of coloring book. Have children color pictures of the creation. Then cut pages and staple along the top. Download Page 1 - Download Page 2
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
In return for providing you with free FHE plans, I request that you add comments on your Year of FHE experiences to encourage others. Feedback on lesson plans, photos of your family and stories from your FHE are so inspiring! See CONTACT button for email instructions.